Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

This could only happen to me.

So we decided to get another television.  Bell in our area is now offering the full wireless experience, providing of course you have a television that supports the technology.  C is out of town until Christmas eve. So I am trying to figure out what we need.... Well, okay, not need, but want.  So I go into an Electronic store.  I fucking hate hard core sales guys, so I latched on to the one softer touch female sales person who was much more about helping me decides rather than push whatever was giving the bigger bonus for sales.  I genuinely LIKED her, which is what makes this so much fucking worse.  (I wish to at this point say the other female on the floor was hard core sales person too, it is not a sexist thing)
   Anyway, we got along well, and she spent the time (which is a big deal this time of year) to make an informed buy, and I flirted my ass off to get a good deal.  (Yeah, I will flirt to save a few bucks, but we both knew I was doing it).  Finally it was done, deal good, she got her sale and commission.  it had to come from another store, so I had to pick it up the next day, and she would give me a call.
   Now here is where it all falls to shit.  I forgot my phone.  I left it plugged in, I was half way to Jake's before I figured it out, so I was not going back.  Spent the morning there helping his mother and him, I start to go home, and figure I would swing by to see if the television was in.  It was.... so I waited... and waited.... and waited when finally my sales lady says "Oh, it is showing on our system as picked up."  Bull fucking shit.  I lost my mother fucking mind, and another guy says "yeah he came in to pick it up."  And here I stand with my pick up and receipt, which you need to pick it up.  He shows me a reprinted receipt with a signature, not mine, but my name.  I showed ID, including my credit card it was bought on.  I was very definitely making a scene.  But yeah.... My stuff.... I told you.

The manager did come, and basically told me they would need to look through security to see if indeed someone else had picked it up.  So I had to wait until the next day.  I was fucking fuming.  Pretty sure I roundly cursed them all, and wanted my money baack righttttt fuckkkking nooooow!  Then the manager basically accused me of scamming them.  Of coming and picking it up them claiming later it was not me, because his staff ALWAYS demanded identification when the original receipt was not available.
I was so freaking mad, but I realized there was jack-shit I could do until they did check the surveillance.  SO I went home.... opened the door, and C is home.  The job got cancelled..... Oh fuck, the pieces fell into place.... quickly.  C got the call on my phone.  C picked up the television, and NO they did not ask for ID.  So.... it was a very embarrassed me that had to call the store and tell them what happened.  I can never go back there, which the manager more or less suggested anyway, in case my making a total cunt of myself didn't make me  to embarrassed to.

9 comments:

  1. So when they checked the survailence cameras and saw that it wasn't you? Just sayin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should be the embarrassed ones! They didn't ask for ID in the first place which would have voided this whole thing. I would have pitched a huge fit too if I were in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What E&W said.

    Sure, you should be embarrassed for taking a hissy fit instead of remaining calm and politely but firmly demanding that they figure out where your t.v. went to, but the original fault is theirs for not following their own protocol.

    Hell, I reserved something online with FS, to be paid upon pickup at the store, and had to show i.d. just to do that.

    More importantly, DO NOT GET BELL TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie can I write my next book about you and all the stuff that only happens to you?? :) I know you might not be laughing yet - but trust me, give it a few days, and a lot of alcohol, and you will be laughing too and all your friends will love the story ...
    but really they should have checked his ID. For all they know, C and you could have been in the middle of a fight and not talking. You are the one who bought it, so they should have only given it to you!
    Enjoy your new TV

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ the end of the day they didn't do their job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, the embarrassment is theirs. They're idiots for claiming otherwise! Sounds like anyone can walk in and pick up items that have been paid by others. I would have reacted harshly as well, though I probably wouldn't have thrown a fit, because I'd know that it would get solved eventually (at least in Iceland it would). They can't blame you for being furious though, especially if they were accusing you of a scam!

    Idiots, the lot of them, But honey, how do you always get yourself into these things?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lordy. I have done that before too, though. In Best Buy. But I have gone back since then with my head held high.

    And really? It is the store's fault. They SHOULD have asked for Cs ID. I mean, they (and you) were just lucky that it was in fact C that picked it up and not someone else.

    In my eyes, your shit fit was TOTALLY justifiable (is that spelled right?).

    Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete