Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Interviews

I have an interview in Guelph for the OVC.  Go me!  My boss also received a reference check from Charlottetown.  It is all coming together quite nicely.  After weeks of feeling out of control of my future here it is handed back to me.
Problem : I was booked to work on day of interview.  No one would take my shift.  Are you fucking kidding me?  I take anyone's shift if asked.  I have changed plans to help cover shifts and not one person will take my shift for a fucking college interview?  I work with douche bags.  Passive-aggressive douche bags.  Now I suppose I COULD reschedule, but I do not think hat makes a good impression.  So I talked to my schedule boss, and he said he would work around me, but I could tell he was a bit annoyed that no one would cover my shift.  Have I mentioned how icy it has been there?  I get on fine with office management and vets, other vet asses, not so much.  It was great when I was all "Hey no problem, I'll take the shit jobs and you get the glory jobs" changed to "Fuck you, YOU do the kennels, I'll take admittance."  Competition can be a bitch.
   Ali asked me out to celebrate, and off we went.  I was not going to text C with the news.  He guessed though when he came home and I was gone.  He called me and even offered to pick me up and drive Ali home.  The rest of the weekend went really well.  I'm happy.  I feel in control.  I can do this.  I can make a good impression.

Any tips would taken with gratitude.

4 comments:

  1. No tips I'm afraid but a hearty 'GOOD LUCK!'
    I'll be keeping my fingers and legs, crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know is YOU CAN!

    Go for it and do me proud! Salut sweetie!

    ReplyDelete