Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Second thoughts

   Okay, so we put in a bid, to be accepted by the end of the month if they do not get a better bid.  (Yeah, we low balled them because we knew they were desperate to sell).  The problem is our upstairs neighbours. Or as I call them, the neighbours from hell.  The daughter is about 15ish, and is.... how to put this delicately... a wanna-be gang whore.  The little gang bangers that come around are in and out, busting through the front door twice, fighting, threats of shooting.... blah, blah, blah.... Sometimes at these boys are fighting over this chick like she is the last woman on Earth...REALLY?  Meh, maybe she is the only one in the school who puts out.... anyway, I digress, because really, her sluttiness is really not the issue, just the problem it brings to our door.  On the particular issue of sluttiness, I am NOT going to throw stones from my glasshouse;)  Her mother is a bit of a trip, as she asked C at one time to keep an eye on her daughter.... uh... fuck no!  And she has drunkenly hit on both of us, individually of course.  I think I see who her daughter's role model is.

So last night we hear the mother and her boyfriend arguing, stuff being thrown about and thumping, nothing unusual.  It got louder, then we heard the daughter screaming "Stop it!  You're hurting her!"  Now, we mind our own business.  But I will be fucking damned if I let some dick beat up a women and just sit back.  Nope, sorry, no way.  We pounded on the door, and it suddenly went quiet.  C yelled through the door if she was all right, and no reply.  Well, we are not fucking buying that they are not home.  So finally I yell that we have to phone the cops if she doesn't say something.  Again, no reply, so we called the cops.  Now again, this is not my way.  I do not believe in calling the cops on noisy neighbours, but neighbours getting the shit kicked out of them.... yeppers.  Cops came and no answer on the door.  C let the cops in with his key, and they started.... sweet holy fuck, yelling and screaming at C.  Saying he had no business calling the cops.  C told them what we heard, and the mother yelled "You know Jen's a drama queen.  No one was getting hurt"  Then the cop asked a very obvious question: Why did she not come to the door when being checked on.  Then she replied "I don't have to answer the door if I don't feel like it."

   So today I am on a fact finding mission... Can we get rid of our upstairs neighbour if we buy the building, or are we going to e stuck with the tenants from hell?

17 comments:

  1. I hope you can evict them... they sound like a lot of trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neighbours like this are not funny, I know from previous experience. You showed guts going and banging on the door rather than just phoning the cops. She had no right to have a go at you over calling the police, she should be thankful that you cared enough to get involved. There should be more people like you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to lie, I think if C hadn't been there I would have left it to the cops, but it would have been agonizing to wait.

      Delete
  3. Hello, I'm a complete stranger about to make a stereotypical statement. Far warning. But aren't awesome gay couples FAMOUS for cleaning up neighborhoods and pushing out all the skanks and gangster trash? You are the source of something great, Mr Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I think when we moved in most people thought "there goes the neighborhood.

      Delete
  4. Pretty amazing how some people react at someone else trying to help ... Makes you not want to get involved ever again ... but don't let those people change you. Last time I heard noise, I called the cops and the woman said I saved her life. It was my first day living in this house - made me a little scared - because apparently I was the only neighbor that cared enough to call.

    Good luck evicting them. I sure hope you can do it legally without too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, that would have me doubting if I wanted my money back. Glad you did it.

      Delete
  5. Damn sounds like a very dysfunctional bunch of people....regardless of their nature you still took the effort to help them when you thought there was trouble.

    Somehow reading this looks like this is only the tip of the iceberg on their troublesome behavior....*shudders*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my city this is very "normal" dysfunction, lol.

      Delete
  6. There's a reason why even the police don't like to get involved in domestic disputes.It's unfortunate but a lot of the times you end up getting the short end of the stick for trying to do the right thing. I once saved a woman in California from getting pummeled in the street by her boyfriend. After pulling him off her and restraining him I was thanked by the woman with a good old fashioned mind your fucking business! Despite the fact that she had a bloody nose and bruises all over her face she took his side.

    I don't know about the laws in Canada but if that would have happened here most likely they both would have went to jail for domestic violence. Also, here in New York it's a major pain in the ass to evict someone. I've heard cases of people living in the apartment refusing to pay rent for 8 months up to a year while the eviction process makes its way through the court system. I suggest you do some research and if necessary get some legal advice as to the most prudent and least expensive course of action. Good luck my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've heard some eviction hell stories since I started researching. It would literally put any off renting. But then again, as C says you only hear about the nightmares, never about the people who left quietly.

      Delete
  7. Who needs television drama when you live there. I hope you can get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO, sure, but at least with TV you can turn it off.

      Delete
  8. I'm all for getting involved if it sounds like someone's being hurt. In my last apartment, a toddler kept crying because his mother kept yelling at him, as if that would somehow shut him up, calm him, or teach him anything. I was told to write down the incidences for a week and I wrote many, many pages with times and stuff. They were foreigners, so I didn't understand them (although I can get by in many languages, I don't understand a single Baltic word). Anyway, I went to the social worker and they ended up fixing it. Toddler went to preschool for half a day, mother calmed down and the crying lessened and the yelling all but stopped. She probably knew it was me that told on her, but she never said anything. Damned Icelanders interfering in other people's businesses! I don't care, I couldn't stand the treatment that child was getting.

    So, are you and C buying the whole house, or just your apartment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty fucking awesome that you helped the kid and his mom. Our place is a triplex, and yep, it will be the whole place.

      Delete