Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

It is that time of year, again.

And new year's resolutions are either being long forgotten, or held too.

Now don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with trying to make personal improvements, regardless of what time of a year you choose it. BUT around two weeks in is when those who have stuck too their resolution start deciding that it is their personal mission to turn their resolutions into other people's lifestyles.

I am so sick of hearing people talk about how they quit smoking cold turkey, or how since exercising the last two weeks they have SOOO much more energy. Or how they sleep better since giving up pop/caffeine/tea.

We get it. You had a bad habit that was bad for YOU. People can do the same thing YOU had a problem with in moderation.

With regards to personal growth, keep it personal. Make it about you. And congratulations on your self improvement.

 Me? Nah. Hell if I get much better I'll intimidate C;)

2 comments:

  1. I don't think what I do for myself should impact others, I'm with you about people going on and on about it...I don't believe in New Years resolutions, I think it is a goal we should work on at any time of the year and I hope I don't push that in other peoples faces since I was never a fan of others doing that to me...

    I am always a work in progress, learning as I go. The most important thing for me is not to judge others and love them for who they are and where they are ... have a great weekend Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete