Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Women take the flack

   Okay, don't get me wrong. I hate, hate, HATE dead beat parents. But why does it seem like a dead beat mom is looked at 100 times worse than a dead beat dad.

   Why does it seem like guys get a pass. As a guy whose father never gave a shit about him I was told, repeatedly, "you don't know his side", "Maybe your mom made it impossible", "until you've walked a mile", blah, de-blah, blah,blah. These are the same people who will treat moms without custody like dead beat moms whether they are or not.

Now take my friends ex-partner. She fought, and lost because of mental illness, custody of their child. She has never missed visitation. She pays child support. She works, and goes to university. Now I cannot stand her, BUT she has does right by their son. Yet, everyone acts like she must be a horrible person. WHY? Because the courts realized his father would be better as the guardian? LIKE he wanted? What a fucking double standard. People talk about how women get preferential treatment in the court system, yet treat moms who don't get custody like they must be absolutely worthless human beings.

Not really sure where I was going with this rant, but it pissed me off today.

2 comments:

  1. I know why Jamie! It's because most of society is fu€ked in the head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Jamie... I find a lot of people expect more from the mother than they do from the father... the point is, if they expected more from the father, there wouldn't be so many dead beat dads..

    I have been a single mother twice now.. it isn't easy and I don't need people judging me... although I care a lot less now since I am older... lol

    ReplyDelete