Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

The musical snob

C is a musical snob.  Totally.  He listens to old music (like 60s and 70s) and claims anything good was rooted to that time.  Half the shit he listens to I have never heard of them and he hunts down pretty obscure shit in Cheapies (local music store), hates on anything mainstream. You know the type yeah he's that guy. Lately he has been into music biographies, which usually drive me crazy, because it distracting as hell when something I like is on tv when I am trying to get in the study zone. Well on Saturday he is watching a documentary which was on a record producer, so I did not mind. In between documentaries is a few videos. A couole were pretty shit, but then a decent one Sheepdogs song came out that was pretty good and it starts. Music is turning into a copy of the 60s and 70s mainstream crap... I agreed wholeheartedly. Now considering I often tell him off for being a musical snob, and he knows me, so my turnabout was regarded with some distrust. "It has a very 60s CCR sound". Still eying me with distrust, yet knowing my absolute hatred for CCR he seemed to genuinely think I was agreeing with him. "1968". Straight faced, suspicion back. "second Tuesday in April" "you're such an ass hole.". I'm laughing at this time. "Around 2:30 in the afternoon" And a pillow hits the back of my head.

8 comments:

  1. oh gosh. if there's anyone i hate more than a hypocrite, it's a person who thinks his taste in music is superior to everyone else's. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is the same way, but I actually admire it about him. He is an expert at what he loves, and that's music all around.

    p.s. I LOVE CCR, and they're a good example of really good music!

    p.p.s. You'd probably think I was a music snob. XD <3 Much love anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I don't know where to start, so I will just start,my sweet man/boy I have missed you so much and am back, but shhhh don't tell anyone yet I have been in contact with Andrea only so far, and will explain all in due time...this is our busy time at work silly holidays, but with a bit of luck I think we have sold the Cafe, so I will have more time to be in contact hopefully.
    But Jamie I love you heeps so have a great Christmas and I will contact you as soon as I can
    Love Stell/Stace

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah yes ... the musical snob who pleased me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Stell! Awesome:D. Big hugs! I know you are not into the season, but I hope you have a good holiday and spend it how you would like. I hope we get a chance to catch up soon.
    @ Jesayka: Is it not infuriating!
    @ Jez: CCR is like nails down a chalk board:D. But yeah I think most musicians have some claim to musical snobbiness the rest of us poor talentless shlubs don't.
    @ A: And now that you know how big of a snob he is you see what a compliment it is:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I wouldn't say talentless by any means Jamie, you have LOTS of talents! =)

    I just love me some Fogerty. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I just love musical snobs. Sometimes it cen be humbling, though I pretend to be a know-it-all in music.
    The polarities of you and C make it more exciting. I love it sweety.
    Would be damn boring if you just loved all the same things. Plus, the music then wasn't so bad, they were pretty well written, some stood out in its simplicity.
    Booyah for C! lol =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree PB. Life would be very boring if we were too much alike. I like to think we balance each other out:)

    ReplyDelete