Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Flash

So, I come in from work to find a one eyed man in my bed. Okay, technically he still has two eyes, but one was bandaged up. It seems he was "flashed" which is like radiation burn on your eye. Sounds painful, right. Well, while he slept all the blisters apparently break, and the under layer of the eye is exposed. Gross, right? Well c wears contacts. So when the irritation started and he rubbed his eyes in his sleep the contact jammed up under the lid. Let's just say he won't be wearing contacts for a few days. In the mean time he has to choose between being blind as a bat, or wearing his prescription safety glasses (yeah there's a look). He can't put drops in his eye, though I will admit to a few minutes of childish entertainment watching him try. So not even close. He's back to work this afternoon. Hopefully he'll be kinder to his eyes.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You would think anyone who could put that shit in their eye everyday would have some aim with the drops though.

      Delete
  2. In the UK if you say you got flashed it means a dirty old man wearing nothing but a grubby coat opened it and showed you his dangly bits.

    Which might also make you want to go blind.

    Apologies to C but I too am laughing.

    Not been here for a while so gonna have a read back, love the new layout J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First thing I thought of when he said "flash at work", thinking shit, and you went blind, how bad was it. I felt like such a good boyfriend for restraining myself;)

      Delete
  3. I was going to leave a sympathetic comment, until I read DCG's and now I can't stop laughing.

    But poor Chris, that does sound horrendous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I know, violet. It was painful to look at. I am the biggest wuss when it comes to seeing people in pain too.

      Delete
  5. How did he get flashes?
    Can't feel good.
    BTW, 2nd comment has me cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a welder so it is a relatively "normal" danger of the job. They wear safety glasses to prevent it, but the radiation can get in sometimes thru any little gap.

      Delete
  6. Dang it, I am so late reading up on the Blogs I follow.
    I hope by this time C's eyes have completely healed. Damn painful to have those things i your eye! :(

    ReplyDelete