Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Road trip 4: the enemy of my enemy is my friend

So Saturday Jake meets this girl. She is ugh, dumb as a bag of hammers. Jake's standards are simple. Female and willing. So they disappear partway through the day, while a crap band was playing to return a few hours later. At this point, I can tell she is driving him nuts.

So here is the usual drill. He comes back to me, and I make a big deal about plans we have, so he can regretfully give her the brush off while still being the "nice guy". She leaves, no hurt feelings, and all is well. This is one of the things that Ali hates about him.

So he comes up, plan in place. "So are we still going to meet up with the others guys and go to the thing at the university?" He looks at me, I know my line.
"Nah, J and I are going to blow it off," Chris says. If looks could kill. Brainless is all "Cool you can hang out with my friends" dragging Jake away.

Ali looks at Chris with a grin on his face, yes, he knew exactly what he has done. "I may be able to put up with you for a while" From Ali that is practically a love sonnet.

1 comment:

  1. "dumb as a bag of hammers" haha, love it.

    ReplyDelete