Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nothing beats the love of Nonna

Okay, so my Nonna was by last night to clean the house. Now Nonna has never heard of tidying, she guts and rearranges, and mom is not going to like havng her whole house rearranged by her MIL. They do not get along. My mom has never been good enough for my father in his mother's eyes. She also thinks it is ridiculous that at her age my mom is pregnant.
In saying that, she has always been a brilliant grandmother. Now see, my mom could find a bag of human heads under my bed and she would sit me down and ask if I was having problems... she is that supportive. But Italian grandmother love is a little different. My grandmother would take the evidence, use it to set someone up for the fall, and never bring it up to me, secure in her knowledge that I must have had a perfectly good reason and they had it coming.
Anyway, had some wonderful manicotti last night, I love that woman.
"You should find a nice catholic italian girl." she is forever telling me. Yep, she knows I'm gay, but she keeps thinking it is something I will get over in time. She thinks I just get this "boy thing" out of my system then settle down with a nice girl.
Working tonight with my least fave vet. He's okay, but very religious, and tends to make digs about my "preferences". Preferences my ass. It is not like I prefer men, women do nothing for me. He does not try to push his religion on others, he just feels bad that some people "damn themselves to an afterlife of eternal torment". Yeah, thanks for not pushing your beliefs. In all honesty, I do not think he tries to be nasty, so I just smile and do my job. Should leave me in the mood for a few drinks right enough.
Picking up my mom tomorrow morning from the hospital:)

2 comments: